Home General Information Court Information Online Index Credit Card Payment Frequently Asked Questions Virtual Courthouse Guided Tours Contact Us
Civil Case
Criminal Case [image]
Domestic Violence
Family Law Facilitator
Fees and Forms
Glossary of Terms and Legal Dictionary
Grand Jury
Juvenile Court
Landlord/Tenant/Unlawful Detainer
Local Rules
Self Help Resources
Small Claims
Traffic Court
Adoptions Mediation
Appeals Probate
Business License Property Taxes
Civil Case Records
Collection Unit Small Claims
Juvenile Court Traffic Court
Marriage Trial Jury
Guided Tour
Virtual Tour
Online Tour
Photo Gallery
Court Etiquette
Former Judges
Criminal Case [image]


Arraignment: Your first appearance in court is for the arraignment. You will be informed of the charges filed against you and asked by the judge if you understand these charges. A ‘yes’ answer means you understand what charges have been filed, not that you are guilty of these charges, simply that you understand what the charges are and what they mean.

If you do not have an attorney and cannot afford to hire one, you may ask the Court to appoint one for you at your arraignment. If you plead not guilty, you will be given another date and time for a pre-trial conference. Before your next court date, you will have met with your attorney and your attorney will return to court with you.

You may enter one of the following pleas

  • Guilty
  • Not Guilty
  • No Contest
  • Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

If you plead not guilty, your case will be set for trial (court or jury) for a later date. If you plead guilty or no contest, your case will be sent to probation for a pre-sentence report.

Failure to Appear: If you have been charged with a misdemeanor or felony and you do not appear on your court date, a bench warrant will be issued for your arrest. If a bench warrant is issued, you need to report to the court for felony/misdemeanor warrant surrender (call for day and time), or turn yourself into local law enforcement.

Court Collections: If you enter a plea of guilty or no contest and are ordered to pay a fine and choose to make payments there will be an administration fee of $35 added. Fine payments can be made the clerk’s office on the first floor of courthouse room. The office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and is ope~during the lunch hour. The Orland office is located at 821 South Street in Orland. You can make checks payable toSuperior Court of California, County of Glenn. Mail payments toSuperior Court of California, County of Glenn, 526 W. Sycamore St., Willows, CA 95988. Current and delinquent fine payments can be made a both courthouse locations. However, if your account has been referred to a collection agency, payments must be made directly through them.

Public Defender: The Public Defender may be appointed to represent defendants involved in a criminal case who cannot afford to hire an attorney. Eligibility is determined by established financial guidelines. The Court appoints the Public Defender.

District Attorney: The District Attorney’s Office represents the People of Glenn County and is responsible for prosecuting criminal cases in Court. The Office of the District Attorney is located at 540 w. Sycamore St., Willows, CA 95988 and can be reached at (530) 934-6525.

For 2015 Sentencing Guidelines, click HERE


For 2015 Jail Bail Schedule, click HERE